The House of Common Affairs Journal
A new smashing issue on the Fourth Estate Utopias
In 2017, ACED in collaboration with Paula Minelgaite, organised House of Common Affairs (HOCA), an event on the role of design and art in relation to journalism at the Royal College of Arts in London. As a result of the session, Minelgaite published a beautiful publication.
House of Common Affairs is a brand new journal that focuses on involving both the niche and the general public in the overlap of art and journalism. The initiative embraces a critical set of voices in the dialogue on art, design and journalism with the aim of promoting an international and interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge.
The Fourth Estate Utopias is the very first issue of HOCA about the role of visual communication in relation to journalism. Subscribe to pre-order our first HOCA issue.
- Introduction by Noortje van Eekelen.
- Forum 1: ‘An Artist, a Politician, and a Journalist Walk Into a Bar…’ with Belle Phromchanya, Ruben Pater, Ken Hollings, Monika Parrinder, Noortje van Eekelen and participants, moderated by Paula Minelgaite.
- ‘Form, function, content, payroll: micro and macro politics of design’ essay by Depatriarchise Design.
- Interviews with Alina Negoita, Chourouk Zarkaoui and Latifah Al-Said.
- Forum 2: ‘What Do We Want? Clickbait! When Do We Want It? The Answer Will Shock You!’ with Olivier Kugler, Jessie Bond, Theo Inglis and participants, moderated by Paula Minelgaite.
- ‘Parallel channels’ essay by Jaione Cerrato.
Alina Negoita, Belle Phromchanya, Chourouk Zarkaoui, Depatriarchise Design, Jaione Cerrato, Jessie Bond, Ken Hollings, Latifah Al-Said, Monika Parrinder, Noortje van Eekelen, Olivier Kugler, Paula Minelgaite, Ruben Pater and Theo Inglis.
Sponsored, produced and printed by Pressision Ltd, UK
Paperback, 103 x 195mm, 144 pp
ISSN 632-4482 01
Edited by Paula Minelgaite
Published by House of Common Affairs, London, UK
Designed by Minelgaite studio